Locksmith Mosman and Cremorne 0404 759 759
- Experienced tradesmen – licenced and insured
- Commercial • Residential • Automotive
- Emergency Mosman locksmith service – lockouts
- Lost keys? We can make a set
- Wide range of locks supplied and fitted
- 24 hour locksmith Mosman – Cremorne and surrounding suburbs
- Rekeys – changing the lock combination so the old key does not work
- Keying alike – Doors and windows working off one key
- Sliding doors
- Safe locks – combination changes – opened
We are 24 hour mobile locksmiths strategically located just a stones throw away from Mosman making us ideal candidates for residential, commercial or automotive lock work. We know that quality service and workmanship makes for a happy customer, and we live up to our customer’s expectations by only providing fully licenced experienced tradesmen. Our 24 hour locksmith response time to Mosman, Cremorne, Neutral Bay and surrounding suburbs for after hours lockouts – 7pm onwards – is FAST, 30 minutes on average.
We pride ourselves on giving professional advice and carrying out quality workmanship and we understand that your security is of paramount importance.
Quality workmanship will save the customer money and headaches in the future. In our experience, cheapest is not always the best option; cheap parts or poor workmanship will make for premature servicing. At Link Locksmiths, we only deal in quality brands. Lockwood, Carbine and Whitco to mention a few.
We supply fit and service a wide range of high security deadlocks
Need a locksmith in Mosman? Mention the following article for 10% off deadlock installation
We supply and install, rekey and service all high security deadlocks and offer a 10% discount on the installation of any Lockwood deadlock.
Lockwood are a leading manufacturer of high security deadbolts suitable for commercial and domestic applications for both external hinged doors and sliding doors. Their range of deadlocks come in a variety of colours including satin chrome, polished chrome, polished brass and brown. Whether you are located in Mosman, Cremorne or Neutral Bay our experienced locksmith always carries the full range of colours ready to install the one you most like.
We stock a wide range of high security deadlatches and deadbolts from leading manufacturers such as Lockwood, Whitco and Carbine which are of heavy-duty construction and are available in either double or single cylinder configuration.
Double cylinder configuration means that the inside can be deadlocked. Single cylinder is always free on the inside. Alot of wrought iron gates can be found in Mosman, double cylinder locks are great for securing them because the inside is lockable, so people reaching through the bars wont be able to gain access.
The advantage of having a double cylinder model installed is that an intruder who gains access through a window won’t be able unlock the front door from inside, making it harder to unload goods.
Single cylinder means the inside is always free, an advantage in case of fire emergencies.
The external side of the lock always requires the use of the key to lock or unlock the door, either throwing the bolt or retracting the latch, deadbolt and deadlatch respectively. Note: some cheaper deadlocks have a mechanism that does not guarantee the bolt to deadlock when you lock it, If you are located in Mosman, Cremorne or Neutral Bay our locksmith can service or replace locks with this fault.
This is a good security feature (only being able to unlock it from outside with a key) as there are no handles on the outside, no handles mean one less point of attack for intruders and handles are quite often the first point an intruder would force in trying to gain entry.
The 355 from Lockwood is not self-latching making this deadlock suitable for installation to houses, but not strata units.
By law, all locks fitted to entry doors on strata units must be self-latching to comply with council fire regulations. Council fire laws also stipulate that a double cylinder deadlock is not suitable for a fire escape door as the inside handle must always be free. No matter which suburb you live in, Mosman, Glebe or Potts Point, all councils enforce the same fire safety laws with regard to front door locks, our locksmith only carries fire rated, council approved deadlocks.
The Lockwood range of deadlocks are manufactured of thick high purity alloy casting which makes for excellent strength and durability. Another positive aspect in their design includes a strong interlocking case and concealed anchorage points, when affixed to a door this makes for very sound and sturdy fit also createing a high level of resistance to jemmy attack. If you are cncerned that your deadlock or door may be old and therefore susceptible to a jemmy attack why not call our locksmith who will visit you at your premises in Mosman and surrounding suburbs for an asessment.
The characteristic of a good high security deadbolt are:
- The lock is designed to resist hammer attack due to the interlocked turn knob design
- The turn knob should have a built in clutching mechanism designed to resist force applied by a wrench. In a design as such the turn knob spins freely when too much force is applied. This avoids transferring all of the force into the lock, preventing damage to the lock whilst at the same resisting break in attempts
- The mounting plate and strike are manufactured from tough pressed steel to resist cutting.
Note: Lockwood have incporporated these features into their 355 model which our locksmith can supply and install at a 10% discount to customers located in Mosman, Neutral Bay and Cremorne.
We also carry spare parts for a wide range of deadlocks ranging from packer plates, strikes, inner cylinders, and more so if there is a problem with your deadlock call us – we can assist. If your deadbolt is beyond service we can replace it on the spot!
The range of deadlocks that we carry are also compatible with various restricted key systems including Lockwood Generation 6. To have a locksmith visit your premises to install a restricted system please give us a call, we have a wide range of restricted barrells to suit the wide range of locks found in Mosman.
Keep in mind that the deadlocks we carry can be installed on both hinged and sliding doors and can also be keyed alike to other locks in your house. Would you like just one key for all your locks, doors and windows? We have the solution, call us for more information.
We recommend having an experienced locksmith install or change the locks the on your premises – we are master licenced and fully insured.
7/4/2012 – Your friendly locksmith Mosman will regularly be updating this page with useful information relating to security tips for the home and office, book mark this page now. Don’t leave window and door keys in their locks ever, especially in windows, as long wires can be fitted in between the gaps in windows and used to turn the key, an easy way to gain entry and also virtually silent with little chance of the burglar being caught in his tracks. Keys should also not be kept within sight of anyone outside as they are a temptation to smash a window and use the keys to gain entry.Always draw your curtains at night and make sure valuable items cannot be easily seen from outside. Furthermore it’s a good idea to install a light timer on your lights inside, that way the lights’ flicking on and off will give off the appearance that you are home. Light timers are cost effective and can be purchased from Bunning’s. Black and Decker make a model that is easy to use and lasts a long time. I have been using one from Black and Decker for the last 7 years and it’s still working fine. If you have an queries please give us a call anytime, we have experienced Mosman locksmiths standing by 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Our service to Mosman and surrounding suburbs includes
- Rekeying a wide range of locks so the old key wont work
- No keys? We can make a set
- 24-hour emergency locksmith – for emergency repairs or lockouts
- Deadlocks – service / repair / replace
- Door closers – supplied fitted and serviced
- Restricted key systems
- Garage door locks
- Cupboard locks
- Antique locks
- locksmith on call for after hours to Mosman, Neutral Bay and Cremorne.
- Master key systems
- Rekeys – the old key wont work anymore
- Door closers- adjust, supply and fit, service
- 24-hour emergency locksmith – to secure premises after break in – lockouts
- Industrial grade high security locks – ADI and Rivers
- Mortice locks – supply and fit, service
- Aluminium door locks
- Making keys to a wide range of locks
- Restricted key systems (locksmith controlled) installed on your premises – Mosman and surrounds
- Lost keys? We can make a set roadside – note not all models are covered – please call for details
- Gain entry
- Repair or replace door / boot / ignition
- Rekey door / boot / ignition